Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Final: Primary "Product"

As a model, I tend to clients making sure I am the exact replica of the “ideal” model. For example, in the modeling industry many designers or modeling agencies need their models “girls” a specific height. In my case with me being 5 foot 5 sometimes in the industry I have to lie at times and tell them while applying or open call that my height is 5 foot 8 in heels just so I can portray for my forte. Now in this lifestyle of cameras and runways comes hair and makeup artists. I have worked with many hair and makeup teams in my past and till this day I am meeting more and more due to what I am trying to become. I have recently worked with a celebrity makeup artist last week for the AIMBFW for school. “It is the emotional cornerstone for both the organisation and the product being sold. Design connects the audience to the brand.” -Davis & Baldwin page.8  Just by being his temporary model for the occasion, it has brought some more attention to me knowing that I would love to be a model sponsor for a high-end cosmetics line. I have always wanted to be in pageants and runways but I know that I need to see myself little more. So this is why I love meeting different and unique stylists because it gets you as a “Brand” out there on the market. I also have many modeling websites to also brand myself as an aspiring model. I did get spammed for the first time ever in my life because I thought they were a legit photography team and they sent me a fake MoneyGram having me think that I was going to be doing a project for them. But it was all so sketchy because I never worked with them so how would they know me as a branding modeling when I never worked for them. So things like that when it comes to branding myself, I need to look for. "Brands and branding have always been hugely influenced by graphic designers. The visual interpretation and translation of brands to an audience is a fundamental element of branding” -Davis & Baldwin page.8

No comments:

Post a Comment